What causes a bright spot on the labia minora?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello,
I have a very small, bright, well defined spot in the inner lips of my vulva. The color is even and there are no odd edges. It might have been there before and I simply didn't notice it. Is there anything to be worried about?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Angiokeratoma or melanotic macule, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
According to your complaints it could be either angiokeratoma or melanotic macule.
I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected area so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 minutes later
Attached is the picture
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be melanotic macule, no need to worry

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be melanotic macule.
It is a benign hyperpigmented spot which is very common in genitilia and mucosal sites.
No need to worry about it as it is harmless.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy