What casues increased blood pressure with difficulty walking and double vision?

Question
my blood presuure went to 178 over 98 and i couldnt walk right and had double vision. what does this mean
Posted Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please, get your blood pressure well controlled!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this increased blood pressure that you reported and the accompanying symptoms. This increased blood pressure must have certainly caused brain suffering that explains these symptoms.

I will suggest that you get on your blood pressure monitoring. Take medications as prescribed(if not you should get on treatment), exercise regularly, decrease your salt intake, avoid smoking and eat healthy. These measures would help you to achieve and maintain an acceptable blood pressure reducing the risk of possible high blood pressure related complications like stroke, heart attack, kidney disease, etc.

In all, your increased blood pressure must have been at the origin of this. Get your blood pressure well controlled through the above suggested measures.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.