Can diabetes and hypertension cause double vision?

Cardiologist
Question
I have high blood presser and high blood suger I am taking meds but now have times were a'm having double vision that when I drink a soda it gose away what's wrong you think?
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that it is necessary performing a comprehensive differential diagnosis between different causes that could lead to such clinical scenario: low blood pressure, an electrolyte disorder, low blood glucose, etc..

The fact that drinking a soda helps improve your situation could explain all the above possible causes (a soda contains a considerable amount of water and sugar, which may increase your blood pressure and glucose levels).

Coming to this point, I would recommend you to closely monitor your blood pressure values and fasting glucose levels.

In case of low blood pressure, I would recommend modifying your actual anti-hypertensive therapy (reduce the doses).

In case of low glucose levels, it would be necessary reduce your anti- diabetic drugs doses.

It would be also necessary checking your complete blood count for anemia and your blood electrolytes for any possible electrolyte imbalance.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri