Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

What can be the pea sized lump under the skin to the left of my clitoris ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
Hi Doctor, this morning i noticed a pea sized lump underneath the skin just to the left of my clitoris, it's not easily seeable even when the skin is stretched, if feels like it moves around for the most part, if pressure is put on it it almost feels like a bruise would, but that's really the only discomfort, i'm a 22 year old female who is sexually active with only one partner, my boyfriend, and i've been tested for stds and am clean, i've seen so many different forums on the internet but only very few have come close to my symptoms with no answers, i thought it might be an ingrown hair but it's not close to the top of the skin and isn't discolored, then i thought it might be a cyst but i'd rather rule that out last, perhaps something called like hernanditis suppurative but again nothing seems to have these certain symptoms, please help


Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 2 hours later

Thank you for the query,
XXXXXXX I need to know few things over here.
1) Is it painful or tender.
2) Can you pinch the skin above it or do you feel the skin above it is attached.
3) Any other symptoms like fever etc.
4) Any other body parts involved like armpits or groins.

Presently I've a differential diagnosis for you since I've not seen the lesion and I've a incomplete history.It can be either a boil (folliculitis) or a ingrown hair (pseudo folliculitis) or a sebaceous cyst .A sebaceous cyst is usually not painful till it gets secondarily infected.A folliculitis would be painful. I am not considering any STDs here assuming there are no other symptoms. I don't think it is hydreadenitis suppurutiva ,as in that we see multiple boils over armpits and groins which are painful .

The best thing would be to take a course of oral antibiotic with topical antibiotic cream.If this resolves the condition then you need not worry at all.If its a cyst then it needs to be surgically removed .
So,kindly furnish me with the above details so that we can further help you with the diagnosis.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries’

Dr.Bharat Chawda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor