Small bumps in cleavage after shaving. What could be this?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have these small bumps, kinda rash like in my clevage (male) I shave my chest and shave in different directions and it's not always itchy, but sometimes it is and leaves a red rash
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Folliculitis / Shave bumps Detailed Answer: Hi, If you shave the chest there is very high chances of hair follicle infection as this part is extremely exposed to external climate and this is different from facial skin. The second thing is if you shave in different directions the hair may curl and cause too many bumps because of constant irritation caused. Above two conditions may not be itchy and leaves red rash after acute stage. The first one subsides slowly in a week's time, whereas the second condition may not because of regular irritation. So stop shaving for few days and observe.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli