What can be done for low hemoglobin level along with falling red blood cell count?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Fri, 4 Oct 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi sir please see my blood test report and let me know if i need to take any tablets for haemoglobin of 10.9 ,earlier i had b12 low so used Nextoforte it is fiine now but now i am having this and rbc also low compared to my 2 months back report ,2 months back it is 12.4 and now 10.9 and RBC was 4.45 and now 3.6
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Determine cause of anemia

Detailed Answer:

I understand you have low hemoglobin level (anemia) along with falling red blood cell count. Anemia has a long list of causes. At this point, I would like to inform that low vitamin b12 is also one of the causes of anemia. Therefore it is important to identify the cause of anemia. We can then treat it appropriately.

You need a sequence of testing to identify the cause. It starts with complete blood count and peripheral smear examination. I will suggest you meet a physician or hematologist and undergo further testings.

In the meanwhile, important that you continue to rectify vitamin b12. Eat healthy iron-rich food.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad