What are the usage of topmax ,ablify and klopen ?

Dr. Ashish Mittal

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: need to know if topmax ,ablify and klopen will cause complet personalty chage terrable anger can not rember anything differnt person since may
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     42 year old female
•     Currently on: crestor, uatrim, synthroyd, topmax, ablify and klopen
•     Concern related to personality change with topmax, ablify and klopen.

Topmax, ablify and klopen are used for many psychological problems (depending on medicine doses) like anxiety, impulsive behavior, depression and psychosis etc. These medicines do not lead to personality changes.

I would like to consider multiple possibilities for change in behavior in following hierarchy:
•     Improvement in psychological problems.
•     Exacerbation of psychological problems (anxiety, depression and psychosis etc) for which medicines were started. It may require change in, medicines or its doses after mental status examination.

I would also advice to get thyroid function test (already on synthyroid) as sometimes thyroid problem also lead to change in behavior.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow up: Dr. Ashish Mittal 9 hours later
i am sorry that did not help blood work has been done we are just trying to tell the DRS. th personaly change and no one is listening She is a complety different wife mother and daughter I just saw the change with in 1 weak of taking the topmax
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 10 hours later
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Doctor had already had prescribed her some medicines (topmax, ablify and klopen) used in treatment of psychological problems.

Psychological problems present as change in behavior, which considered as personality changes by many persons.

If you describe change in her behavior, thinking, routine activities, appetite and sleep, then I can help you better.

If changes started after starting topmax then it can be stopped after discussing her physician.

Wish you good health.
Regards.