What are the symptoms of stroke?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 19 May 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I just had a weird sensation when I started walking, my let gave way slightly & foot area feels numb & I am just a bit dizzy but stuck out my tongue & spoke a sentence for the stroke tests & I was fine-just feel weird. I do have atrial fibrulations & am on 50mg of metoprolol in am & 25mg in evening. My left arm feel kind of heavy??
are you able to call me xxxx
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
It will be better to rule out stroke.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having stroke because you have history of atrial fibrillation . I think you should visit a hospital/ doctor and get your MRI of brain to rule it out. Treatment depends upon report of MRI. Mecobalamine may be of help in recovery of nerves.

You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E