question-icon

What are the symptoms of scabies?

Posted on Fri, 25 Sep 2015
Question: how to tell if you have scabies and what to do
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (55 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hi XXXX

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic
You have asked regarding scabies infection. I would first like to ask why are you asking about it? Have you developed any rash ? If yes please upload your picture so that I can confirm the diagnosis and guide you further.

Regarding symptoms of scabies it presents with excessive itching which is usually worst at night along with appearance of red to skin coloured itchy bumps on the body. There is also history of one or more family member having the similar complaints.

Hope I have answered your question.If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist