What are the symptoms of kidney stones?

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: What are the symptoms of kidney stones? I already been diagnosed with large ones. Hi my name is XXXXXXX and I've been having a lot of back pain and diarrhea. Do you think that I am having symptoms of kidney stones acting up I'm done with my question. nanahelen22 @att.net
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Colicky back pain, no antalgic position, and blood in urine!

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX and thanks for contacting healthcare magic.

I have reviewed your information fully. Because you have had kidney stones before, you are at a higher risk of having kidney stones again. To prevent kidney stones, it is very important to drink much water so as to avoid increased urine concentration and stone formation.

Typical symptoms of kidney stones are; sudden onset back pain, colicky in nature with no position that relieves the pain, and at times, blood in urine. If it gets complicated, infections and absence of urine may set in. In some cases, kidney stones may not even cause any symptoms.

Diarrhea is not common with kidney stones. That often points to a digestive problem. Whenever you have diarrhea, please drink as much water as possible so as to compensate for any possible fluid losses through frequent watery stools.

I hope this provide enough information and addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if you need more information or clarifications.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah