What are the symptoms of Cushing's syndrome?
I am exercising above average(7 days a week of crossfit and running,alternating) ,eating below or at 2000cal a day and have gained on average 1/2kg a week-in total now 8kg.I am 49y old female.
Please what do I do and how do I get back to my normal weight?
I understand what you are saying.
Sorry to not your challenges with attempts to lose weight.
The thyroid blood test results that you are awaiting will be helpful. If the thyroid is abnormal ie in the under active range as suggested by an elevated TSH blood test result, then it can explain difficulties losing weight.
There are couple other rare conditions that can cause weight gain.
One is Cushing's syndrome and the other is Acromegaly. Before you proceed to test for these, it is advisable to see an Endocrinologist in person for a thorough physical examination, who will then assess the need for such testing or not. Then (s)he will guide you on the best test for you to screen for these problems if required.
I use midnight saliva cortisol test for my patients in whom I suspect Cushing's disease, and IGF1 for those in whom I am thinking about the possibility of Acromegaly
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of cushing syndrome?
- What is vaterl syndrome symptoms
- Pseudo cushings syndrome symptoms
- What are the symptoms of down syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of horner syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of asperger's syndrome?
- Symptoms of cushing's syndrome
- What are the symptoms of reye's syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of lynch syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of nephrotic syndrome?