Owl Image

What are the symptoms and cure of hepatitis?

Question
hepititious hepatitis
symptoms
Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Prasad 19 minutes later

It looks like you wish to know about some form of hepatitis; however your query is not very clear. Please post a detailed account of your problem and your concerns in the form of bulleted questions. I will be glad to address those questions.

Awaiting your reply....

Dr.Prasad

Follow-up: What are the symptoms and cure of hepatitis? 18 hours later
what are symtoms and cures.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later
Hi and thanks again,

Hepatitis is a broad classification and consists of infection, alcohol, autoimmune condition, metabolic disorder, obstructive, drug induced and so on. However I haven't heard of hepititous hepatitis. I presume you meant 'Hepatitis virus' Hepatitis. Please clarify if I am wrong in your follow up.

As the symptoms of most form of hepatitis overlap, in general one may have tiredness, body aches, joint pains, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and fever during the initial stages. This can be followed by jaundice (yellow discolouration of skin/sclera), dark colored urine, pale stools, etc.
From here, the symptoms may recover or progress to chronic / debilitation illness.
That being said, it is not common where hepatitis have been diagnosed incidentally when testing of other condition.

As far as cure is concerned, it entirely depends on the subtype/cause. Most viral hepatitis have a self resolving course. Here the body cures the inflammation. A few other conditions however are not curable.

What I just described is a broad answer to your queries. We can be able to discuss specifically in the next follow-up.

Best Regards