What are the signs and symptoms of vasomotor instability?
I have had neuropathy in my hands and feet and some swelling in my feet ever since the accident. However,in the last few months I have been experiencing several bouts daily with burning in my feet that is very erratic. One foot might be ice cold while the other becomes hot and very red. Sometimes this occurs in both feet at the same time. I never know which foot it will effect next. Often I can locate a small area such as a few toes, or the heel that starts to heat up first, then within the next 15 minutes the heat and accompanying pain will spread throughout the foot. I get relief with ice packs.
My physical doctor tells me that all of this is due to autonomic vasomotor instability. I am now trying to determine what might be triggering these episodes. Can you give me some direction?
Regular medications needed
Welcome to healthcare magic.
You are fortunately saved from crippling injuries because this segment of spinal cord may result in permanent loss of power in limbs and make one crippled for life.
You are having remnant autonomic vasomotor instability as your clinician has diagnosed quite rightly.
The medicines you are taking are appropriate but need to be taken regularly rather then when required basis. These medicines work best way when they make a therapeutic levels in the blood which is not possible when you take them as required basis.
You should add tablet Pregabalin75 which is a prescription drug and is very useful in cases scenarios like yours.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the signs and symptoms of spondylosis
- What are the signs and symptoms of hiv
- What are signs and symptoms of cancer
- What are signs and symptoms of pregnancy
- Symptoms of vasomotor instability disorder
- What are the signs and symptoms of lupus
- What are the signs and symptoms of std
- What are signs and symptoms of appendicitis
- Symptoms of tachycardia , vasomotor instability
- What are the signs and symptoms of hypertrichosis
- Frequent leg and back pain in different parts of body with swelling....
- Tested positive for HSV-2. Trying for weight gain. Will ensure plus have...
- Do you think taking poly iron will help heart racing? Is oxygen...
- Tiny itchy bumps that blanch when pressed randomly appeared on arms,...
- Abdominal pain which moves to testicle. CT, Urine test and USG scan said...
- Having severe back pain while sleeping. History of bladder and kidney...
- Bruise on back that pained. Pleurisy? Why did my nasal cavity start to...
- Jaw pain, bruises, lump under left jaw, stuffiness, facial pressure....
- Giraffe skin pattern by drying. Applying creams and exfoliation. What...
- Painful bump on buttocks, itches. Appears and clears. Whats this?