What are the side effects of Thyroxin?
my wife taking a dose of 125 mcg for thyroxin. we are afraid of Major side effects on long run.
how can we dealt with that?
is there any alternate option to treat the thyroid level.?
any natural tharapy or treatment?
No proven adverse effects
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
See, there are no proven adverse effects of long term use of Levothyroxine. Actually, It's a synthetic hormone, that her body is not producing in appropriate amount and that is being given from outside.
Now, if we compare the long term side effects of untreated hypothyroidism with long term side effects of taking Levothyroxine, we see that hypothyroidism in itself can cause serious problems in life.
Levothyroxine can cause Osteoporosis in post menopausal women as per some research but not has been proven with strong evidence.
There are no safe way outs to treat by naturopathy or ayurvedic medicines, as you actually don't know, what side effects you may get by taking them!!
So, i would recommend you to continue her with the dosage as directed by your physician.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , xx
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of thyroxine medication
- Thyroxine side effects acne
- Thyroxine and marijuana side effects
- What are the side effects of thyroxine sodium tablets
- What are side effects of thyroxine
- Thyroxine side effects lungs
- Thyroxine side effects genitals
- Thyroxine side effects frequency
- Thyroxine side effects on heartburn
- Dicloflex thyroxine side effects
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?