What are the side effects of Propranolol?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is the Propanolol interfering with the Paxil?
Is the propanolol causing depression?

What are the side effects of propanolol ?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, propranolol can cause and aggravate depression!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for contacting healthcare magic.

I have reviewed your information fully. Propranolol can cause and aggravate depression. If you are being treated for depression or have a strong family history of depression, it might be more rational to avoid giving you propranolol to treat other conditions. However, a doctor might still think the benefits from propranolol irrespective of your past history outweigh the risk and goes ahead to recommend it. For this reason, I will suggest that you talk to your doctor about this to hear his reasons and way forward.

In all, propranolol might not be the best option for persons being treated for depression or with a strong family history of depression.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.