What causes sudden stomach upset and fatigue that lasts only for an hour?

Dr. Shuba Hariprasad

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: the other evening I got an upset stomach, my nose became stuff up and runny, I got very sleepy, and weak. this has happened before and usually will last an hour; always in the evening between 5 and 8. If tried logging what I eat but there's nothing unusual. I'm not over weight; 5'5" and 120 lbs. This has been going on for several years but happening more often now. At least 2 times in the last 4 weeks.
Answered by Dr. Shuba Hariprasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clarifications please

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your query.
I'm Dr. Shuba Hariprasad and will be answering your query today.

Would you clarify a few things for me, please?
*do you have may other medical issues or take any medications?
*do you smoke or consume alcohol?
*could you send the log of the foods you are on the days you had these symptoms? Include everything (drinks, snacks)
*did you check your blood pressure during these times?
*also try and note down the activities surrounding the flare up.
*do you have a garden or a pet?

I believe it is something you are doing or eating as it has happening over several years and settles by itself.

Please get back to me with the above requested clarifications so I can advice you better.

Warm regards,
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Shuba Hariprasad 16 hours later
I take Claritin D12 everyday in the morning and propranolol 80mg once daily
I do not smoke, and I am a lite social drinker. At the time it happened I was not drinking alcohol. I have not checked my blood pressure during those times. I do not have a log for that day but as I recall there was nothing out of the ordinary. I will need to keep a better daily log.
Answered by Dr. Shuba Hariprasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Check blood pressure and heart rate daily and during symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the follow up and clarifications.

*why do take Claritin d and propranolol?

Yes please do keep a daily log and monitor your blood pressure daily and specifically during these episodes. You can use a self upper arm blood pressure monitoring system. Don't use the wrist cuff.

Please get back to me with the log.
Wish you good health.
Warm regards,
Dr. Shuba Hariprasad
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D