Can Metoprolol and Propranolol be taken together?
not typically used together
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Metoprolol is a selective beta blocker , acting at certain sites/points in the heart and blood vessels.
Propranolol is non selective, meaning that it acts at the same sites plus additional areas.
Typically two beta blockers are not usually given together. According to medscape drug interaction checker, these two meds should not be used together.
You have been using it with no problems and is possible that this may be continue but you may want to consider speaking to your GP or family doctor to let them know that you are on the propranolol. They may be able to switch the metoprolol.
If they are aware and are monitoring you then this may be fine
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Metoprolol tartrate taken with meth
- Can pepto be taken with metoprolol
- Metoprolol succinate and flexeril together
- Taking metoprolol and crystal meth together
- Is propranolol hcl er taken for anxiety
- Taking propranolol and allegra together risk
- Can medicine like nadolol and propranolol be taken together
- Can aspirin be taken with metoprolol
- Doxycycline taken eith metoprolol
- Can zinc be taken with metoprolol
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?