What are the side effects of Implanon ?
Your concern and apprehension are understandable.
By and large Implanon is good contraceptive and effective also.The safety profile is also comparable to oral contraceptives.As with any other contraceptive some side effects like headache,abdominal pain and weight gain are commonly reported by many females.
In case your fiance is already having migraine this can worsen.Mild abdominal discomfort is common.Both of this if bothers her much and disturbs her day to day to routine then she need consult a doctor for evaluation of her complaints.
Pregnancy is not very likely as this is very effective method of contraception and effective in more then 98 % in of cases .Some times when intercourse happens in mid cycle or later then first 5 days of cycle that single cycle needs extra precautions.
You may consider doing an UPT ( urine pregnancy test) at home to confirm the pregnancy status , if you feel a need to do so.
I hope this will help you and your fiance in getting rid of this problem.
I hope I have answered your query , I am available to answer your follow up queries as well.
Good to hear from you.
I would like to confirm that your fiancée's chance of being pregnant is as low as 0.5%.
'Implanon' acts by slowly releasing progesterone like hormone. Progesterone is a hormone that is actually responsible for the symptoms that are seen during pregnancy. So it is obvious that the symptoms - abdominal pain, headache, breast enlargement, tender breast and others seen in pregnancy are similar to the ones that occur while on implanon.
Do not worry. Wait till she has her periods. Get the urine pregnancy test done, in case periods don't happen on time. The chance off course is less than 0.5%
Hope I have helped you in reassuring you.
Wish you and your fiancée good health and bright future.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of implanon implant
- Bad side effects of implanon
- Implanon side effects bleeding
- Side effects of smoking with the implanon
- Implanon side effects burning
- Side effects of implanon and dexampheatime
- Implanon side effects
- Implanon side effects digestion
- Serious side effects of implanon
- Implanon psychosis side effects
- Testicular pain,lower abdominal pain,inguinal pain
- Bleeding bump at back of head after getting hurt,nauseousness while...
- Is delayed periods post unprotected sex a sign of pregnancy?
- What dietary changes do I need to make to avoid bleeding in stools?
- What could be the cause of lump formation on the outer ear leading to pain?
- Colonoscopy, sissel polyp, bleeding, constipation
- Is it possible to analyze the patency in case of sex with multiple...
- Miscarriage, trying to conceive, ovulating, CT scan radiation, postpone...
- Rectal pressure, tail bone pain, no problem in bowels, inflammation,...
- Can the medicine applied to the anus cause side effects?