Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

What are the risks associated with breast cyst in men?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
My grandson is a teenager. Recently he has been diagnosed with irregular mass in breast. His pcp recommend go to surgery specialist. What are the risks???? What is this diagnosis?? Thank you
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Breast cyst in male, no risks as such sir/ma'am Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. The diagnosis could most probably be a breast cyst, which is a harmless sac filled with fluid, and it can be either benign or cancerous. But the exact histology (i.e. whether it is benign or cancerous) can only be predicted after a biopsy examination of the tissue sample. There are no risks as such sir/ma'am, just an extra growth that in most cases can be successfully removed. I hope you find my response helpful, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor