What are the findings form the semen analysis report?

Posted on Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi Doctor, my report shows these results colour: Grery, Reaction: Alkaline, Liqufication Time: 30 mins, Total Volume: 1.5Ml, microscopic examination: Motility report shows as Active: 05%, sluggish: 15%, non-motile: 80%, pus cells: 8-10 /hpf, total sperm count: 05 milions / ML, RBC: 02-03 / hpf. so what does this reports says. do i able to become father ? what are the chances to improve if there is any deficiencies and what want to where is the fault in my report?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibility of infection Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your semen analysis, -Total sperm count is low -Motility is decreased Low sperm count and decreased motility can be seen due to factors like: Structural causes like varicocle Infections Habits like smoking, alcoholism etc. -Presence of WBC indicates infection -Presence of RBC can also occur due to infection So, once consult uroandrologist and get examined to rule out structural causes. Then go for antibiotics with your doctor's advice. Multivitamins and minerals tablets can help to some extent. Possibly that can help in improving the seminal parameters. Hope I have answered your question. I will be available to answer followup queries. Take care.
Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN