What are the chances of pregnancy after non penetrative sex?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi there, I will just get straight to the point as I'm really concerned. I'm virgin but my boyfriend and I had a foreplay but did not have sexual intercourse at all. he had precum on his finger while touching my vagina. I took 1 levonelle 12 hours after. Also, the last date of my period was two weeks ago. Is there any chance I become pregnant? I'm really worried. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Prasad 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Straight forward answer would be 'No pregnancy'

Detailed Answer:

Chance of conception through an act as described by you is almost negligible. Further levonelle has protection rate of more than 99% when taken within 24 hours of unprotected intercourse. Considering both these information, I do not think it is possible to become pregnant from that act.

Levonelle contains high amount of progesterone - the same hormone that delays period. You will have your periods very soon and you might bleed heavy. So don't be worried. In case the period doesn't resume in the next 7 days, I suggest you consult a gynecologist to start medicines that will cause withdrawal bleeds.

Hope this was reassuring. Let me know if you need clarifications.

PS: Diarrheal episodes is not seen with levonelle. It however doesn't change much.