question-icon

What are the chances of contracting STDs through penis contact?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: Is there any way to be infected by a sexual virus through the hand by touching penis and scrotum area?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (30 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
HIV and Hepatitis B do not spread by such means.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

There are a number of germs that can be sexually transmitted and not all of them are viruses. However, I hope you specifically mean to ask about viruses like HIV and Hepatitis B. These viruses would not spread by touch of the hand on penis and scrotum. It is only if the person has an active herpetic lesion (which you would not fail to notice), that genital herpes can spread. In short, you need not worry.

Proper hygiene remains a cause for concern and the normal skin bacteria remain under usual consideration.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha