What are the chances of contracting STDs through penis contact?
HIV and Hepatitis B do not spread by such means.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
There are a number of germs that can be sexually transmitted and not all of them are viruses. However, I hope you specifically mean to ask about viruses like HIV and Hepatitis B. These viruses would not spread by touch of the hand on penis and scrotum. It is only if the person has an active herpetic lesion (which you would not fail to notice), that genital herpes can spread. In short, you need not worry.
Proper hygiene remains a cause for concern and the normal skin bacteria remain under usual consideration.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stds with skin flakes on the penis and itching
- Stds and discolored tingling tip of penis
- What stds cause bumps and odor
- What stds make you bloated
- What stds does azithromycin treat
- What stds does amoxicillin treat
- Uncomfortable penis no stds
- What stds cause tailbone pain
- What stds cause vaginal itching
- What causes pid besides stds