• question-icon

What are the chances of STD while treating chicken pox?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: For the past 8 days (8th July) suffered from chicken pox and as per the consulting doctor, I am not contagious on 15th july. But then black spots were there in the trunk. Now yesterday, met with an old female acquiescence and after some time we were dry humping each other. I have knee length half pant and t-shirt of shoulder length. I was doing dry humping all over her body, boobs messaging and ultimately reached my climax within my undergarment. She was fingering herself and was very watery. there was no vaginal and oral sex. She touched my hand and was kissing in my cheek. Now i am in deep stress considering:

1. I am having just passing through chicken pox infection. Does these acts increase my chance of any STD?

2. If any which STD, I should look for testing. I did not saw any cuts on her body? So any chance of HIV or Hepatitis etc. Please help me....
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please see the detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcaremagic.

Based on your history, being in the scab stage of varicella and having no sexual intercourse and no contact with open wounds , I think you shouldn't worry because there is no risk to get HIV, STD as well hep B and C.
Since that the vesicles are crust over in the scab stage there is no open wounds and has no contact with your blood.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Dear Dr. Thanks for your reply.
Does chicken pox blister fluids transfer STD while in touch with skin
Yes my vesicles are in scab stage but one or two blister might have some fluid in it. Does that mean there is STD transfer?
I dint have oral, vaginal penetrative sex. But that lady was fingering herself and she might have touched me with her finger?
In the worst case what type of STD that come to ur mind considering my case?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.
I am sorry for my late response.

There have been rare case reports of gonorrhea acquired by exposure of wounds (open blister in your case) with vaginal secretions, and there undoubtedly is a small risk of herpes. These risks are miniscule, however.
In either case, if you don't get an obvious infection at the site of the blister (swelling, redness, pus) within a week, you can be sure nothing happened.
If the wound (from your open blisters) were very fresh at the time of the exposure, there might be a theoretical risk of hepatitis B.
There is no known risk of HIV. I do not recommend you be tested for anything.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 35 minutes later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

Blister site means any blister site as there are lots of blisters site in me presently? Although maximum have no fluid.
Secondly, there was a small developing skin abscess prior to this incident in my upper thigh. Definitely it was covered by my knee length half pant during this incident. Does the std transfers via cloth to this abscess to make it painful and infected. Or she might touched different part of my body and it will cause the symptons as mentioned by you to only this abscess. Please forgive my ignorance!

thanks and god bless u!
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please don't worry.There is no reason for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Blister site I mean the blisters that are not covered by your dress and could have a risk contact.

Please don't worry , there is no risk to get STD , transferring via cloth to this abscess.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist