What are the chances of HIV transmission through unprotected oral sex?
Very small risk
HIV transmission risk depends on the viral load of the supposedly infected sexual partner, the sexual act, the presence of bleeding wounds on the surfaces that come into contact etc
Regarding fellatio, the insertive partner has a near zero risk of transmission unless wounds and blood to blood contact is involved.
Vaginal intercourse with an intact condom carries no risk either.
I hope I've helped!
the risk is almost zero
you shouldn't be tested every time you have sex! If you'd like to be certain you can do the test but I wouldn't recommend it unless you know for a fact that the woman was infected. Even in that case, the risk would still be close to zero.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Had unprotected oral sex could i have got hiv
- Had unprotected oral sex will it affect my child
- What are the chances of hiv after oral sex
- Engaged in unprotected oral sex risk of chalymadiagonorheasyphilous and cmv
- Had unprotected oral sex concerned of contracting hpv
- Can hiv be transmitted through unprotected oral sex
- Unprotected oral sex tingling sensation in penis chances of std
- Can unprotected oral sex lead to hiv
- Can unprotected oral sex cause penis irritation
- Had unprotected oral sex is there a risk of pregnancy