There are negligible chances of HIV
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.
I can understand your concern for condom break and the of HIV infection with simultaneously the status of the transgender women.
I got all your concerns and make out your stress
after the incidence. Now first relax and do let me know certain points:
- Since how long you have had the intercourse (in days).
- Do you have any cuts or any sores on your penis.
- Have you had seen any sores or any type of ulceration in the transgender women.
Let me first reassure you that in your kind of incidences there are negligible chances of HIV infection. Though there are many a reports in literature stating the possibility after the condom break but in my experience I have never seen on observed any case of positive status after your kind of incidence. There are certain reasons which I can provide you for your ease of mind:
- There are two possibilities of the transgender women: either she is positive or negative. So if there are 50% chances of her positive status then there are 50 % chances of her negative status too. I take it more on her negative sides because these escorts are more careful then us and this is not only their job but a kind of health consciousness that they get examined and tested regularly. They are even more concerned for their own health which even we are not!!!
- Fine even if we consider that she is positive then also there are so many things between you and virus. That means in positive persons also there should be a particular number of infective material. Any of infection requires minimum amount of infective agent or viruses to spread the infection. This minimum amount of virus is known as Infective dose 50 or ID 50. So in condom break it is found that this dose is seldom attained. There should be a break in the integrity of the skin through which the virus can get entered.
So you got some of the points related to chances of infection.
I hope you must be bit relaxed. Do let me know the points which I asked you.
Hope to hear soon form you side.
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD -Dermatology and Sexually transmitted diseases