What are the causes of low potassium?
Low potassium can be due to drugs like diuretics, certain diseases like cashing syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hyperaldosteronosm etc. Vomiting and loose stools, excessive sweating are other causes. Certain steroids can cause low potassium.
Smoking or passive smoking doesn't cause low potassium but white cell count and haemoglobin can increase in smokers of long duration..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes low potassium after hysterectomy
- What causes a low potassium with pneumonia
- What causes extremely low potassium
- Low potassium and sodium causes
- Will low potassium cause dandruff
- Low potassium cause lightheadedness
- What do low potassium cause
- What causes low potassium level in body
- What causes low potassium levels
- What would cause low potassium levels in a patient
- What causes sore throat inspite of having a treated thyroid cancer?
- What does low troponin value indicate?
- What causes extreme body heat with no fever?
- What causes spike in blood sugar level?
- What causes tingling around the mouth and tremor on chin?
- What causes pink blood discharge?
- What causes shortness of breath,confusion and depression when on thyroid...
- Suggest treatment for dry and cracked penis skin
- What does "eGFR is 57,sodium 129 and chloride 90" indicate?
- What causes nausea inspite of having diabetes, acid reflux disease and...