What are symptoms of dementia and Alzheimer's disease?
None of these medications cause memory loss.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your query, my opinion is as follows:
1. The early signs are usually
a. frequent repetition of the same questions or stories
b. reduced activities or interests
c. reduced participation in former hobbies
d. missed appointments.
2. All of the above are common in old age. The worse signs are self neglect, difficult handling money and getting lost.
3. You can get a mini-mental state examination done to test for dementia - like orientation, immediate recall, delayed recall, concentration/calculation, language and visuo-spatial domain.
4. Mild Forgetfulness is normal at any age. Only when excessive or you are unable to manage yourself, we have to think of dementia.
5.Regarding your medications, confusion can be rarely seen due to metoprolol or hydrocodone. However, memory loss is not seen due to any of them.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Early-onset alzheimer's disease
- Solian alzheimer's disease
- What is the best prescribed drug for alzheimers disease
- New drug for alzheimer's disease
- Dietary guidelines for alzheimer's disease
- Symptoms of alzheimers disease dementia
- Drug treatments for alzheimer's disease
- Latest treatment for alzheimer's disease
- Symptoms of alzheimer’s disease
- Alzheimers disease causes and symptoms