What are Opiprol and Livodox prescribed for?
I am in treatment for constipation (IBS related) and Doctor has been shifted to Physcatrist . Blood and Stool (Pus cell: 2-3/hpf) report: normal. Mutilphasic CT and Ultra sound report: normal
This Doctor has given me some Medicine which I wanted to Know its benefits in Detail.
Opiprol : twice
Livodox : thrice
Fourt B : once
Nuhenz : once
Providac : once
plus fiber powder isaphgol husk
Do this drug remain strong? My stool is not soft as required. 2 days completed. Does Intestine recover with this? What are these medicine appropriate for?
I get Soft tissue in stool. what should be ? I have shown to this doctor he stayed quiet and told to take medicine.
Thanks and waiting................
follow food regimn and lifestyle managment also
First of all please note that IBS is not a very big or serious problem..its quite common and most of the time underdiagnosed or diagnosed late..but even then it can be treated successfully.
Secondly, IBS is usually related to somatoform or somatisation or anxiety disorder ( although can also happen without these) so, many times when no other reason is found, the patient is reffered to a Psychiatrist. So, both gastroenterologist and psychiatrist can treat it.. and it is treatable.
Now, you have been put on several drugs among which two are multivitamins, a probiotic ,isabgol husk and a psychiatric medicine which is good and safe and mild..
The main thing in IBS treatment is food ...patient is guided to follow some food regimn..You must have been told about it..so, do follow them.
When I get a similar patient I prefer using fewer meds in the starting and more of lifestyle managment ...as these go in long run.
Usually, first symptoms to recover are those of heaviness in abdomen ..the bloating feeling and gas..and later the consistency of stool...so, its not something that will correct in few days...please have patience..with every week you will have increase in improvement.
Please feel free to discuss if there are any doubts.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
Doctor has prescribed be another tablet Lesuride MPS (chewable tablet) along with other. What is the benefit of Lesuride MPS ? Used for acidity!
With physchiatrist prescribtion (sorbiline, Opiprol, Livodox, Fourt B, Nuhenz ,Providac Lesuride ) I didn't felt relief, my stomach bloating,heating and constipation still present. If I take Pantodac 40mg (previous doctor tablet) I get relief i feel coolness and relief is there. But after Pantodac I get dry lips and red mark inside the lip too. Is there other tablet like pantodac 40 mg free from side effect ?
I am losing the Weight (55kg , 166 cm) too what diet I should prefer?
make dietary changes and take the tests.
I will try to guide you with the dietary chnages which I usually tell my patients...
1. Please quit tea cofee and cold drinks altogether. Also abtain from alcohol if you use it..
2. Take more of fruits and green veggies. The catch here is to take water in the form of sips every 10-15 min. Dont take full or half glass in a go.
3. some patients have problem with eating raw tomatoes and onions..check yours and if there is acidity or indigeation, use these two things only when they are cooked.
4. Take a probiotic like- Cap. prepro or any other available in your area. Take the capsule 1/2 prior to meals twice a day.
5. If pantodac helps but gives dryness then its more due to water deficiency. Take sips of water all day long.
Apart from pantodec you can use- ranitidine or rabeprazole empty stomach in morning.
6. Usually, ulrax tablet is very helpful in IBS. It is taken at night after diner. Take it by 9pm. Please check if you feel sleepy in morning time with this...to few people it may give sedation rarely. Dont drive if it gives you sedation.
7. Try soya milk for some time if normal milk leads to more bloating...
8. Check your Vit. B12 and Vit D levels and correct them if low. They help a lot ( espically vit B12 supplemen).
9. Try to take a good breakfast but light dinner. Eat some snacks ( peanuts/ paneer pieces/ poha/ sprouts/ fruit/ soem salad, etc.) in between meals..dont just eat three times and remain hungry in between. This increases acidity.
Try the following things and meds and see if they help you. There is improvement with every passing week.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
I am having Spirulina tablets which I used during ayurvedic treatment before Alopathy consultation. Can i use in place of Providac ( It's over now and doctor didn't prescribed this further). Also spirulina was giving me some boost earlier.
If yes how much can i take and will it be suitable with other medicine right now ?
Thanks and waiting..................
yes,spirulina can be taken but try probiotic once
There is no problem if you take spirulina with these meds. Spirulina is also a good supplement and has many essential amino acids as well as two types of bacterias.
However,if you want, you can try prepro or misbact or some good probiotics for two to three weeks and see the results. Compare it with spirulina.
Prepro biotocs are very good for treating indigestion ( almost of all types). They have a combination of several types of healthy bacterias ( much more than that peresnt in spirulina).
I have found excellent results in my IBS patienst with them.
Hope the reply helps you
Wish you speedy recovery!
Dr. Manisha Gopal
prokinetic drug for acidity
Lesuride MPS is a prokinetic drug used for managing various gastric symptom - mainly acidity. It has good results in cases of IBS to control acid component.
It is a commonly used medicine for indigestion where hyper acidity or reflux is involved.
hope the reply is useful for you.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Manisha Gopal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What zithromax is prescribed for
- What is silver nitrate prescribed for
- What is propranolol prescribed for
- Is opiprol duzela zapiz good for depression and somatisation
- What is adderall prescribed for
- Tablet benadon prescribed for what
- What antibiotic is prescribed for boils
- Mobizox medicine is prescribed for what
- What is lmontus prescribed for
- What is emanzen prescribed for