Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Want dandruff-free hair, have dandruff due to dryness. Remedy?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 325 Questions
Hi doctor!
I have been trying n number of treatments but my hair r still not dandruff free,then i got my scalp checked from a skin specialist and got to know it dryness,kindly advice a remedy ,as it been more then a year i m trying to come out of it.
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 8 minutes later
Welcome to HCM!
Thanks for posting your query. I am happy to address your questions. Dandruff in hair is a common problem and means dry and itchy scalp, it could be due to associated fungus infection causing seborrheic dermatitis or just dryness. If you have treated with ketoconazole or ciclopirox olamine shampoos, then you need to ensure to use moisturising and hydrating shampoos to provide nourishment and avoid it from getting dry like anaphase or kertyol pso shampoo. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Want dandruff-free hair, have dandruff due to dryness. Remedy? 8 minutes later
Thanks Dcotor for a quick response.I would want to know that which shampoo and oil should i use as i have massive hairfall also beacuse of this,have tried x gain medicated shampoo,dove hair fall threapy,now have started using loreal,and side by side i m taking avitin 7 tablets also.still there is no hair has no volume left.

Kindly advice a remedy.
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 4 minutes later
Thanks for your kind response, as mentioned you could use the above shampoos and if your hairfall is due to lack of nutritional supplements you can even add anastim or renucia lotion as well. With these lotion often initially there could be associated hairfall for the hair which are in catagen phase for growth of new hair. Else you can visit your dermatologist for better followup. If you have no further clarifications, will request you to kindly close the query and rate it. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor