Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Using clotrimazol cream and AF150 for red and white patches on penis. Any proper cure?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 10272 Questions
I am told I have yeast infection at my genital. Prior to this revelations, some doctors put me on septran400,and later also gave pentids800 each for 5 days.Also advised tigboderm cr topicaly.Presently using Clotrimazol cream and AF150.Problem is my penis head has 2_3patches red white and cleaning blood comes out what to do.mail I'd YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 6 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Balanitis is inflammation of the glans penis.It has different causes such as infection (by viruses, bacteria or fungus like yeast), chemical reaction to ingredients in soaps/creams or detergents or poor hygiene.
It can cause the symptoms that you are describing such as: redness of the foreskin or penis, small erosions.Some persons can also have discharge and swelling.
The blood that you are seeing is because of the inflammation of the area and the red and white patches are due to the infection.

While the area is so inflammed it may help if you:(1) avoid soaps, use a mositurising cream to clean instead of soap
(2)use XXXXXXX warm water to clean and dry gently
(3)salt baths (dissolving salt in water) may also be soothing and aid in healing
(4)continue the antifungal cream and the oral antifungal (AF 150)

Your partner may need treating as well.

It should start to clear up in 3 to 5 days.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Using clotrimazol cream and AF150 for red and white patches on penis. Any proper cure? 4 hours later
Why such along time-suffering for the last 20 days and improvment is slow.Can I put cotrimazol cr at my penis head which is covered with top cover skin.Will it work for stopping blood from the patches.Would it may spread to other part-what precaution to observe.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 8 hours later

You would have to retract or pull back the foreskin and apply the cream twice daily.
Continue the warm soaks daily as suggested above.
In addition your doctor may consider performing tests to determine if there are any conditions that may be affecting your immune response or if the organism present is resistant to the medication being used.
A swab would determine if there is any resistance to the medication and blood tests checking for conditions such as diabetes would determine if there are any issues with your immunity and ability to fight off the infection.
Other blood tests looking at the your blood count, vitamin B12 level, folate level, syphilis screening may also be indicated.

There are more serious reasons for problems at the penis but these would usually present with lesions/rashes in the genitalia for a longer period of time.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask anything else
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Using clotrimazol cream and AF150 for red and white patches on penis. Any proper cure? 16 hours later
Thanks for prompt replying.I do!nt have bad habits ever.Can cream like tigboderm which contains clobetasol like cortosteroid among other medicines can cause leasens at the penis head skin as I was applying(as advised by GP) it prior to my appointment with skin specialist.It is also possible that it isnormal but blood oozing on cleaning makes me worried.Is it true that yeast (fungal)infection takes a long time to heal?My regards to you.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 hours later
Hi, the steroid component should help to reduce the inflammation.Prolonged or excessive use can result in thinning of the skin but it is not associated with causing the lesions that you are describing.

It is natural to be worried about the blood oozing, any one would be, it is related to the infection present.When any area of the body becomes infected and inflammed it can bleed till it comes under control.

In some persons the infection would have started to improve at this stage, in others it may take a few weeks for complete resolution.
If it does not improve, you should consider re visiting either your GP or a urologist for a second opinion, a swab to detect the exact organism may be necessary.

Feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor