Use multivitamins when stressed and depressed. Why is my face red and hot? Am I also diabetic?
Thanks for writing in.
Normal blood sugar level after 2 hours of the meal should be less than 145 mg/dL. The levels should be above 200 mg/dL ( or more than 11.1 mmol/L) to make a diagnosis of diabetes. However, I would like to reconfirm the units that you have specified. Is it u/L or mg/dL or mmol/L? This will put me in the best position to confirm the situation.
Awaiting your reply.
A two hrs postprandial blood sugar in the range of 145 mg/dl to 200 mg/dl will come under pre-diabetic category means there is a chance to having diabetes.
As you pointed out hyperglycaemia can also occur due to stress.
So, now to confirm your diabetic status you have to go for oral glucose tolerance test, which is the screening test for diabetes. In which fasting and 2hrs after taking 75 gms of glucose blood sugar levels will be estimated after ingestion of
If your fasting value comes above 126 mg/dl and 2 hrs values above 200 mg/dl, it is confirmatory of having diabetes.
Though you are not having family history possibility of diabetes cannot be ruled out.
One more thing you are suffering from is depression which can lead to diabetes by affecting dietary habits and life style. Diabetes can also lead to depression.
So, for this you have to rectify your diabetic status, start dietary changes or medicines if needed according to your doctor's advice, you can go for behavioural therapy which will treat your depression and increase the ability of social interaction.
Wish you Good Health; if you are satisfied with my response please accept it.
It seems you haven't posted a complete query this time.
If you meant the sugar measurement was in mg/dl, then my earlier reply answers it.
"mg/dl" is the unit used to measure the blood sugar level in the body.
Let me know if you had something else in your mind. I will be glad to assist you. And if all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.
Wish you Good Health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe to take multivitamins when pregnant
- Multivitamin tabs when trying to concieve
- Microgynon 30 safe to use multivitamins
- Which is a best multivitamin tablet for diabetic patients
- When to give multivitamins to infants
- Revital multivitamin tablets for diabetic
- Reasons why men should take a daily multivitamin
- Supradyn multivitamin can used for gym
- Bevon multivitamin syrup uses
- Are multivitamins safe for use
- EMG report enclosed. Feeling warm hands & face, hematuria, stiffness,...
- Irritable sensation on the tongue. Poor perception of smell and taste....
- Took Ipill a while after period. How long will the affect last? Will it...
- What is the meaning of high eosinophil levels?
- Use multivitamins when stressed and depressed. Why is my face red and...
- Periods not stopping, light flow, cramping, losing weight, tests normal....
- Infrequent Stomach pain, nausea. Had Appendicitis inflammation. Are they...
- Can pomegranate be taken during pregnancy?
- Low platelet count due to Epstein-Barr viral infection. Swollen lymph...
- Egg ruptured, missed period. Taking Krimson35, asked to stop this....