What do anxiety, stress and depression together indicate?

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017 in Relationship
Question: Hi. I am 26yr old male my problem is related to anxiety,stress and depression, also when I took with people, I got scared as if they tell me anything wrong,bullying me etc., Continuously think about people are thinking about me, my heart get throbbing when I came in contact with people who tell me anything wrong, i like to be sit alone, I can't speak with people who bullying me, also sleeping problem. All this I am suffering from about 13yrs. So plz kindly sort out the problem , thank you
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is social anxiety disorder

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appers to me that you are suffering with social anxiety disorder over the years. Due to inadequate treatment of the problem I feel there is further complication in form of depression.

To clarify you are currently suffering with social anxiety disorder with secondary depression.

Both the conditions can be treated with medication as well as psychotherapy. In my opinion without delaying the treatment it will be better if you can see a psychiatrist as it is extremely important to seek treatment.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 14 minutes later
I will go for treatment but can u tell the medication through which I can get rid of it and psychotherapy name.. thank u
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Dear Kotadia,
Thanks for follow up.

Although there are multiple medications but escitalopram is one which can be used under supervision of your doctor.

The name of psychotherapy is cognitive behaviour therapy.

I hope this assists you further.
If you have more questions I will be glad to answer you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:


Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3151 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy ,  

Recent questions on  Stress

doctor1 MD

i am 29 yrs old male unmaaried and mech engineer. i feel weak erection and often in stress and anxiety. due to that i found some disorders a my...

doctor1 MD

I have been experiencing severe upper back, rib and chest (side and frontal) pain, on both sides when I run. I had an ECG and Stress Test 2 weeks...

doctor1 MD

After a tremendous amount of stress all at once. 3 weeks into all this I started to experience upper back and neck stiffness and pain. Now 4 months...

doctor1 MD

I would like to know what ailment rebermac drug is indicated for. what is arthenesia a condition that i m being treated?. I have a long history of...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, I want to improve my brain performance, so visited Ayurvedic doctor to take the swarna bhasma,i am little obese and having snoring...

doctor1 MD

hi i m facing sleep disturbance since last 8 years i feel too much pressure over and behing myleft ears may be it leads to stress and breaks my...

doctor1 MD

I have low body temperature, and am concerned that my thyroid may be not working optimally. My TSH is 4.13. If I reduce the stress in my life, will...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

148 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction