Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Use Zynase, Annovate every time on hemorrhoid flare up, no relief this time. Suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5762 Questions
I have external hemorrhoids that got diagnosed 4 years ago (Feb 2009). Whenever they flare up, I take Zynase D and apply Annovate ointment (both once a day). This time, I have done this for 2 weeks and although there is relief but the external hemorrhoids have not gone completely.
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

The main problem with hemorrhoids is that no medicine can permanently cure them. Hemorrhoids are enlarged veins (varicose veins) which when become large, are unable to shrink or disappear. Medicines mentioned by you can help with symptoms, make hemorrhoids less visible; but this is just temporal effect.

Every patient with hemorrhoids sooner or later will need a surgery to remove them. And this is what needs to be done at your case.

You may try sitz baths with Quercus Cortex, increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake. Make sure you after every stool and do not push hard on stool. These measure might help for some time, but I suggest you to visit general surgeon and consider surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Use Zynase, Annovate every time on hemorrhoid flare up, no relief this time. Suggestion? 1 hour later
Thank you Doctor. Any medicine you prescribe, apart from the bath and those mentioned in my question, that might be more successful?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 hours later
Generally any OTC suppositories for hemorrhoids should have some effect on your hemorrhoids. You may try Lidocaine + Tribenoside suppositories (prescription might be necessary). But please don`t expect any spectacular changes. It may help with symptoms, but wont solve your problem permanently. And if there will be no improvement in a week or so, you should see general surgeon.

Hope this will help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor