Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Urine analysis done. What does the reports says? Am I having urine infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
Can you please tell me ,seeing the report of urine test whether it is for Urine infection or something else?
1. physical examination-
odour -aromatic
Transparency- Translucent
2. Microscopic exam
PUS CElLL - 15-20
Micro Organism - +
3. Chemical Exam
Reaction - Acidic
Excess of Phosphate- NIL
Sugar- NIL
albumin- trac
Aceton- NIL

microscopic examination-PUSCELLS-15.2 hpf
st gravity-1012
chemical-rectrion acidic
suger -nil

Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

As in your urine there are pus cells present and microscopic examinations says there is 15.2 Pus Cell per high power field you have mild symptoms like frequent urinating, burning when urinating and lower abdominal pain.
You should start antibiotics therapy (Ciprofloxacine 500 mg twice a day) and have repeated urine analysis after 5 days of such treatment.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Urine analysis done. What does the reports says? Am I having urine infection? 15 minutes later
One small sphere sensed just near lower right abdominal,and Its in same in shape and size since last two years.Ultra sound has been done and consulted with general physician,according to him it's not harmful,might be because of small hernia formed,
and that area is vacate since Uterus has been removed.
And have been suffering from indigestion and gastric problem as well..Can you please throw some light.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 28 minutes later

If this painful are is in the scar after the surgery, incisional hernia is possible. It should give more pain when coughing (you can perform simple test, put your finger in this area while standing and try to cough, if you will feel the movable lump in this area, the hernia it is). The other possible place for hernia is in the groin (it should act in the same way while coughing).
If it is about indigestion, the most common reason of it is acid reflux or peptic ulcer. This gives chest burning, nausea, pain in the upper middle abdomen, especially after 1-2 hours after a meal.
If you do suffer from constipation or/and diarrheas, the problem might be in the large intestine or caused by intestines severe infection. Blood in stool can be present as well as mucus.
To diagnose peptic ulcer or gastric reflux upper GI endoscopy should be performed.
For large intestine disease, colonoscopy should be done. Stool tests are advisable as well.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Urine analysis done. What does the reports says? Am I having urine infection? 29 minutes later
No Pain is felt in that particular area or on that sphere,But abdominal pain is felt,that is not in any specific area,sometimes it is upper adominal, sometimes in lower adminal, or sometimes it is in side part of abdominal or sometimes in back.Like that.

There is tendency of entire abdominal inflation/swelling as well some times.Constipation is also there,but motions flows blood is observed in stool.

awaiting for your valuable reply.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 16 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

The pains you have described are most likely caused by urinary tract infection. So I would start antibiotics first and see if it brings any relief. Constipations can be caused by diet and lack of physical activity. So increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake should solve the problem.
According to your age, you should have colonoscopy performed anyways to rule out any malignant diseases.

Hope this will help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor