Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Upper quad pain, bulging mass, occurs after sneezing and abdominal crunches

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
I am experiencing right upper quad pain and buldging mass that i had to stand and push on to resolve. It took a while to resolve, but resolving the pain radiated to the left side of my abd. Throughout the day it felt like it would pop out again. This episode occured after sneezing, but has occured with abdominal crunches. I was always able to message it away , but this time I had to pull over and get out of my car. Slight ache persist
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 23 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I think you need to see your doctor.

There could be various possibilities for this kind of bulging; the commonest one is any form of hernia.

Many a times, due to any reason when the muscle of abdomen becomes weak, the intestine tries to protrude through that weak part resulting in to bulging that you see, when you push it goes in side.

This can happen after some surgery also; in such case you see a bulge inside or near the scar.

From your description it seems that the size is also big.

Please do not ignore this and visit your doctor. After examination you may be advised some investigations like ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.

In mean time:

Do not lift weight
Do not do strenuous work
Take light diet
Avoid cough, cold

I hope this helps.

Wishing you good health.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor