Unable to use legs. Diagnosed with ear infection and had a stent placed in heart. Suggest the cure

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My husband is unable to use his legs. Standing and walking is weak and he can fall. Lately he was diagnosed with and ear infection, but it seems it's never ending. Can their be another reason for this problem. He recently had a heart attach and has a stent in plant. He started exercising and did more than normal.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Very concerning.

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

This is very concerning that your husband is not able to even walk. This is an emergency in my opinion. I recommend that you bring him to the local emergency room for a comprehensive evaluation including laboratory testing and possibly imaging studies. This may be related to his recent heart condition but other things need to be ruled out as soon as possible.

thank you again for sending the question. If you have additional items that you would like to discuss I would be happy to resume discuss knows with you. Please bring him for evaluation as soon as possible.

Dr. Galamaga