Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Twitch or pulse on rib cage below breast line. Put a patch, feels better. Anything to worry ?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12616 Questions
I have a twich like or pulse on my rib case just below the breast line. I have experienced for awhile on the left side. Just today I could actually see just below the left side of my rib towards the middle twiching up and down. I feel abit of mussle strain just below my breast line and I put a patch and it feels better. I fell a little twich behind my left tricep toot
Otherwise I feel fine. I used heavy weight 40 lb for hand curl but not to often. I ride on exercise bike more often.
Posted Wed, 13 Jun 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The mild twitch that you noticed below your rib cage is likely to be due to benign reasons like electrolyte imbalance.
The presence of weakness fatigue and generalized fasciculations could indicate the possibility of a endocrine or a electrolyte deficiency.
You can start with vitamin B12 supplements and electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids for next two weeks and see if your symptoms improve.
In case the twitches are more generalized or do not improve then you might consult your doctor who can order
1. a few blood tests including thyroid function tests,
2. Serum electrolytes including Serum calcium and potassium levels.
3. Serum B12 levels

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Twitch or pulse on rib cage below breast line. Put a patch, feels better. Anything to worry ? 2 hours later
Makes some scence, I have had some dehydration in the past. I will try the electrolyte and B12.

Thank. I can't seem to find the accept button
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Taking adequate supplements will be helpful. You can try electrolyte and energy XXXXXXX sports drinks for that.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor