Suggest dosage for vitamin E supplement
Vitamin E is recommended
Dear Ma'am,I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns .. The basic vitamins that are recommend ed to be taken daily at your age are calcium , vitamin d, vitamin b12 and vitamin b6..
The recommmeded daily supplement is 1200-1500 milligrams daily in two or three divided doses as the maximum body absorption of calcium is 500 milligrams per serving..
while vitamin d supplement is recommended to be 800 IU daily or 20 micrograms daily..
vitamin b12 supplement is recommended to be 2.5 micrograms daily in two divided doses to ensure maximum absorption..
vitamin b6 recommended dose is 2-3 milligrams daily..
As for vitamin E , it is basically an antioxidant that is recommended for smokers to fight and decrease the levels of free oxygen radicals produced by smoking .. the recommended dose will be 1000 milligrams daily .. I hope you find this helpful
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?