Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Trying to conceive. Have PCOD. Semen analysis and ovulation normal. Advised to take Syphene. Suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 218 Questions
Hi, , my wife and I have been trying to conceive for the last 2 years without success. She has mild pcod but all the tests for her and me are fine including semen analysis and egg production etc. The doctor adVised her to take syphene for multiple egg production. It is 3 months since and no result. What should we do?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

Based on your description, it looks like a case of unexplained infertility.

If all attempts medically have not been successful, it will be advisable for you and your wife try IUI - intra uterine insemination. This will increase the chance of pregnancy.

You can visit an infertility expert who can evaluate you and guide you through IUI.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Wish you good luck.

Nandita Thakkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor