Treatment for fungal infection
Thanks for writing to us.
I would be able to guide you better if you can share the following details with me:
1.What is the site where you have the problem?
2.Do you have any rash?
3. Do you have any itching or scaling or pustules on the rash?
4. Do you have pain?
5. What is the size of the lesion?
6. What are the medicines you have used and using at present?
7. Do you have any other health problem?
Please get back with the above details, so that i can give you a better answer.
Awaiting your reply
Dr Sai XXXXXXX Koonamsetty
i have a fungal problem in my under the pennies area , it is there from past 15 years, but i used medicines before 12 year from that i am not use any medicines, only i use detol soaps and ham mam soaps,last year i used DK gel also , when i am using dk gel that itching and rashes are cure but in that part swt is there that give bad smell,
so in under the pennies part itching is coming rarely, not daily, skin is change white color , some skin split and blood came on that.
the fungal infection is exactly on Both thigh starting . and under the pennies and testes under. some time it give some smell and oily swt
Thanks for the information provided.
Based on the information provided you seem to have Taenia cruris( superficial fungal infection of groin and scrotum extending on to thighs).
Superficial fungal skin infection is common in genital area, as it is moist due to excessive sweating.
The skin colour has changed due to recurrent infections and scratching.
Using antifungal creams like Triben plus or Lobate GM ( these are freely available in the market and are provided over the counter)will definitely help you. It might take one to 2 weeks for the infection to clear. If the itching is very severe, you can use Tablet Levocetrizine 10 mg once daily for as long as you have the itching.
Along with this you need to follow the following instructions
1. Try to keep the area as dry as possible ( this might be difficult because you might have noticed that temperatures in Hyderabad are soaring high unlike last few years. But try to do that)
2. Try not to scratch much as scratching aggravates the infection and may result in splitting of skin and bleeding.
3. Use Cotton inner wear only. Do not wear too tight underwear as tight underwear causes excessive sweating.
4. Avoid wearing Underwear at nights so as to facilitate air circulation around genital area and this keeps it dry.
5. Wash your inner wear in hot water. If possible, add antiseptic solution like dettol to it.
If it does not get better in 2 weeks, please see a dermatologist. Coming to the problem of bad smell. You cannot do much about it as it is common due to the secretions of local sebaceous glands and the dead skin. What all you can do to avoid is thorough washing of the genital area especially around the hood of penis( this is site where smegma collects and gives you bad smell).
Hope you are satisfied with the answer.
Further doubts, feel free to ask and your doubts shall be cleared in detail.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr Sai XXXXXXX Koonamsetty
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for fungal infection
- Fungal infection treatment on private area
- Fingernail fungal infection treatment
- Otc fungal infection treatment
- Fungal infection on hands treatment
- Fungal infection cough treatment
- Lobate fungal infection treatment
- Treatment of fungal infection of the axilla
- Treatment for fungal infection groin
- Genital fungal infection treatment