Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Treatment for enlarged prostate

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 6068 Questions
I have a large prostate and am 70 years old. I am trying to decide if I should have the button surgery or the regular turp. My surgeon said that I probably should have the regular turp because I have a large prostate. However he said he would do the button vaporization method if I wanted but may have to have the turp later. I like the short recovery time of the button method and am nervous about the regular turp method and possible side effects. Any suggestions?
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. There is no reason not to have button TURP since this is efficient and simple procedure with good results and usually there is no need for another procedure after it. Actually, all methods of prostate resection today have minimal morbidity and complication rate so you dont have to be concerned about it all. It is important only that cancer is ruled out. Even if you ll need another turp later,this is not "big deal" when you see how fast will you recover from first procedure. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor