Took ipill after intercourse. Got periods. Feeling headache and vomiting. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: i got into the sexual act on 12th november 2012,took an i-pill... on the same day.... then i got my periods on 23rd nov 2012 till next 5 days,normally... now i m feeling minor headache... i also felt like vommiting twice from yesterday.. am i pregnant.... plzz help.....
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, let me reassure you that the chances of you getting pregnant is almost nil. So, there is no need to worry.

This is because, you have taken the i-pill and had normal periods after the sex.

The cause of your headaches and vomiting could be due to mild migraine or tension headache. You can take an analgesic such as ibuprofen or dolo 650 for pain relief.

Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
YYYY@YYYY