Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Testicle pain after masturbation. What is the cause and how to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5663 Questions
Dear Dr's, I am 27 years old,Unmarried, Is't excessive masturbation cause a problem to testicles?, I was masturbating from the past 8-9 years, as am addicted for the same from the last few years. But from the last 10 months am feeling a pain in right testicle, looking like a swollen. Is this pain normal or whether this pain is due to masturbation? . The pain will occur only during sexually excited or at the time of masturbation & after masturbation also will continue for further until body gets rest condition. What is reason for the pain? How to come out from addicted thing?, Is't better to stop mastrubuting, if so will i get relief from pain. Pls suggest me howr to come-out from the problem.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 15 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Masturbation is normal and very very often behavior. Healthy male person needs to unload sex drive either with his partner of with masturbation. So do not treat is as an addiction. And do not blame yourself for masturbating. About 80% does masturbate.
Testicle pain when associated with ejaculation, can be caused by variocele as during the ejaculation, blood flow through testicles increases and so does through enlarged veins.
Other reason of testicle pain which should be ruled out are testicle inflammation, tumor, inguinal hernia.
The best way to do that is to perform blood work, urine analysis and testicle ultrasound. You should visit urologist for physical examination.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Testicle pain after masturbation. What is the cause and how to get relief? 19 hours later
Thanks your reply, Hope u understand the my question...But thing is the pain is only in Right testicle not in Left. That too it was from a few months ago started, earlier it was not noticed at all,but why suddenly in One testicle? Is't sure it may happen due to masturbation or is there any reasons,if so wat should i do,will u recommend to go for Medical test. As i understand from ur answer, after ejaculation also the pain persist over a long period, even i tested by stopping a mstrbute for 10 days, after those days not much pian, if again sexually excited the pain will start,reason for the same? Even i said dat right testicle slightly swollen compared to Left, why?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 minutes later

I have understood your question very well. Please, do not look the problem in masturbation as this is physiologic, normal, regular habit. For your body there is no difference between the masturbation and regular intercourse, not difference at all. Masturbation can not be the reason of such symptoms.
You have mentioned that only one testicle is painful and swollen and my answer were based on this information. So once again, one swollen testicle and pain in this one testicle can be caused by variocele (this disease does not always affects both testicles in the same time, usually it is one testicle). Infection can also affect only one testicle.
When you do ejaculate, testicles do excrete one ingredient of the sperm (spermatozoons). When the testicle is inflammated, it will give pain. Sperm contains also other ingredients from many glands (including prostate), and it can also give pain in one testicle.
But all this is only a theory. As I am unable to perform physical examination of your testicles, I kindly ask you to visit your doctor and have some tests. Only that way you will be certain what causes your pain. Testicles ultrasound, urine analysis should be the first tests performed. If no findings, you should visit urologist. Sperm bacteriologic tests might be also necessary.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor