Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Tested negative for STD following protected exposure. Have discomfort in groin, testicle, leg and side. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
A few weeks ago i tested for stds 8 days following (protected) exposure and all came back negative. Now I started to feel anxious again following discomfort in groin, left testicle, left leg and side. No discharge or scrotal swelling just a bit tender to touch. Should I retest (if test was too early) or is it likely to be another cause?
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need more data for better opinion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in XXXXXXX
The symptoms experienced by you can be due to simple STD. However there is nothing to be worried about.

It would be better if you answer some of my queries here-
Is there any fever?
Any visible lesions /ulcers?
Any palpable glands in groins ?
Which test you have undergone?
Any oral lesions or skin rash?

Answer the above questions and we can continue the discussion here.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan MD
Dermatology STD specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tested negative for STD following protected exposure. Have discomfort in groin, testicle, leg and side. Suggest? 25 minutes later
No to all above symptom questions. The test was a urine PCR test and was negative for gonerrhea, chlamydia etc.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain unrelated to STD.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again XXXXX
Thanks for details.
AS your symptoms are not pointing towards any specific STD there is nothing to suggest STD in your case.The symptoms can be due to other causes like trauma or abdominal problems.Also test which you took( PCR) is very much reliable after 8 days of exposure.There is no reason to repeat it.You must visit a general physician to diagnose the cause of pain.It is not due to STD.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor