Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Tender lump on forehead after an injury. How do i know if a CT scan is needed to ensure no internal damage?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
Bumped my head pretty hard yesterday around 2245 bending down to pick up something. I have a small, tender bump on the left side of my forehead. How do you know if you need a CT scan to ensure no XXXXXXX damage occurred?
Posted Thu, 24 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

Ideally every head injury should be followed with a ct brain plain to rule out haemorrhage especially if it's in an elderly or people on blood thinners.
Since you are young and not on blood thinners and also because you have no symptoms like loss of consciousness, vomiting or weakness of limbs I guess you can do away with it

1. Use painkillers like paracetamol (acetaminophen) to reduce pain.
2. Cold packs to reduce the bump
XXXXXXX a physician in case you do develop the above symptoms I have listed and also if you develop severe headache.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further ones please accept my answer

I wish you good health

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Critical Care

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor