Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Taking thyronorm for thyroid problem. Can I plan for a child? Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I am using thyronorm for my thyroid problem diagnosed two years back. Its been an year that i havent got my thyroid levels checked. Could you suggest a specialist whom i can consult for thyroid problem in Bangalore.
Also i would like to know with this thyroid problem if i can plan for children. Does my body support at this age for children.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 31 hours later
Thanks for writing in. You should check your thyroid function ASAP. You can certainly plan pregnancy even at this age provided thyroid function test is in normal range as recommended specifically for pregnancy. Thyroid problem wont interfere adversely in any way in conception. Your age can still support pregnancy provided ovarian function is normal. However advanced age increases the chances of few complications and malformations. So its wise not to wait longer. There are many endocrinologists in Bangalore. You can consult me if its conbinient. Many women have delivered babies at this age. So dont worry.
Hope for the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Taking thyronorm for thyroid problem. Can I plan for a child? Which specialist should I consult? 9 hours later
Thank you XXXXXXX XXXXXXX What are the tests that i have to go through to check thyroid and ovarion function is normal?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Get thyroid profile. For other tests see an endocrinologist and a gynaecologost in person. Tests may vary depending on the assessment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor