Taking salipax and have headache. Can I take asprin?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hello
I just started taking salipax a week ago and I have a headache sometimes, can I take asprin or other types of headache relief medicines with salipax? Or is there a problem?

I I am 22 years old, single and weigh 185 pounds.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Salipax (fluoxetine) is a safe medicine and is commonly used for treating depression.

There is no need to worry about your current headaches.

If the headaches are occasional, you could take paracetamol or ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets for pain relief.

If headaches become more frequent, you would require evaluation to find out its cause.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
I only have anxity and not depression I think.. so there is no problems in taking medicine for my headaches?
Also, would taking Tylenol in specific be a problem?

Thanks

Thank you for getting back.

There is no problem in taking Tylenol or any other medications for headaches.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)