Taking cipralex for the last 2 years. Got pregnant. What should I do?
Cipralex is a drug which is generally avoided during pregnancy. The safety of escitalopram during pregnancy and breast feeding has not been established. It may cause spontaneous abortion / harmful fetal effects.
After pregnancy i.e. in lactation period, it is not advised because it is excreted in human milk and can cause harm to child.
With this information, I suggest you to discuss further with your gynecologist / treating doctor and weigh the benefits and risk before consuming cipralex further.
Hope this answers your query. Write if you have any further queries.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Trying to get pregnant on cipralex
- Is it safe to get pregnant on cipralex
- Is it safe to take cipralex when pregnant
- Cipralex husband and getting pregnant
- Taking cipralex is it safe to get pregnant
- Taking cipralex and pregnant 1st trimester
- How long should i wait to get pregnant aftar stopping cipralex
- I am on cipralex and pregnant
- Pregnant and on cipralex is it ok
- Taking cipralex and pregnant first trimester