Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Taking amoxil for cough. Chest x-ray showed bilateral hilar enlargement. Any solution?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
3 years old XXXXXXX he has 2 month history of cough and is currently taking amoxil for this. In November fever.and cold. A chest x XXXXXXX was taken 27.12.12 and was reported as. There is bilateral hilar enlargement. The lungs show mild bilateral symmetrical perihilar bronchial Wall thickening but no definite air space changes.
Posted Sun, 10 Feb 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for writing to us.
Hilar enlargement is due to hilar lymph gland swelling.This is usually due to chest infections. I hope the antibiotics will take care of that.
But as there are no changes in the lung shadow, I hope your child doesn't have any major problem.
If the cough and the hilar enlargement persists, you might have to a CT scan of the chest and a test for tuberculosis. Please get an opinion of a pediatrician before that.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor