Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Swelling, burning sensation in vagina. Had applied concentrated H2O2 as vaginal douche. Advise

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Hi... I used H2O2 35% as a vaginal douche and now my vagina is burning and is swollen twice its normal size! What should I do???
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 20 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your vagina has undergone an excoriation and swelling due to exposure to concentrated H2O2. Vaginal douche should be done only if absolutely required and at best with plain sterile water.
Then you can apply the prescription medicines in the vagina.
You will need a local examination by a clinician and a local soothing agents and may be steroids would be needed for some days for the problem.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Swelling, burning sensation in vagina. Had applied concentrated H2O2 as vaginal douche. Advise 1 hour later
Thanks! But I am in India and don't trust going to get an examination over here!
I do have cortisone cream and will be back in the United States until April 22.
Will this swelling and burning go down with ice and cortisone until I get home or will this cause some serious XXXXXXX problems?
Please Help!
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 15 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare magic.
22nd is too far a date. You can not wait till then, if the swelling continued till that date which I hope would not be the case, you are sure to suffer a long lasting damage to vagina.
You should apply hydrocrotisone cream locally and also Xylocaine jelly to comfort the irritation.
it is advisable that you visit a hospital as soon as possible. What you think about India is immaterial but Indian hospitals are attracting patients from all over the world today and Indian doctor are providing their services in United States also and are quite appreciated there as well.
Hope you would try to adjust with the idea and would not delay the treatment.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor